Educational Technology Services
Educational Technology Services consists of technology experts, media producers, and graphic designers. We help faculty use technology to teach better and more efficiently, and we evaluate, configure, and test technologies that support teaching and learning.
We’re located in Alumni Hall, room B-23, and open from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, or by appointment.
For help using educational technology, including CourseWeb, please visit our Technology Knowledge Base, where you’ll find self-help resources, contact information, and appointment request forms. Or view and register for our upcoming workshops.
We provide the following applications and services to University of Pittsburgh faculty and staff:
- CourseWeb Learning Management System and extensions, including:
- Publisher content from Pearson MyLab, McGraw-Hill Connect, and Wiley WileyPLUS;
- Video hosting and streaming through Panopto;
- Teaching Surveys powered by Blue®;
- Panopto version 3.1 screen capture, hosting, and streaming;
- Turnitin plagiarism check and feedback through Grade Mark and Peer Mark;
- Turning Technologies audience response system (clickers);
- Learning module and screen capture creation with Articulate Presenter and Adobe Captivate;
- Video and audio editing, including:
- Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and Audacity;
- Video and audio recording booth with professional microphones;
- Video and audio encoding and transfer (permission of copyright holder required);
- Access to computers, hardware, and software, including:
- Android and iOS mobile devices and selected applications;
- Scanners, both flatbed and film;
- Digital senders;
- Microsoft Office Suite;
- Adobe CS-5 Master Collection;
- Consultations and workshops, one-on-one or by department.